Monday, November 13, 2017

Gratitude

Having an "attitude of gratitude" is an overused phrase these days for sure. Why it is so overused, though, is because it's right on target as being a wonderful way to live. By being grateful for what we currently have or see, etc, we open our energy up to receive more of that which we are grateful for.

Have you ever been angry about something or fed up with a specific situation and tried to divert your attention to what you're grateful for? If you haven't tried this, do so. It puts things into perspective a bit, and helps shift the issue you're dealing with so solutions can be more easily revealed.

Gratitude truly opens up the heart, so if you're a bit closed hearted, it helps open the doorway for understanding and growth. If your heart is already open, gratitude widens that openness with even more gratitude and all the fabulous emotions that come with it.

This week, taking an attitude of gratitude is going to be my focus. I usually find time at the end of my day to review things to be grateful for that day. This week I plan to schedule reminders to add conscious gratitude at various points throughout the day and see what effect it may have on me, those around me, and my overall interactions.


No comments: