Tuesday, October 24, 2023

The Power of Presence

 

For a few decades now, my husband and I have run a martial arts dojo. Every year, we hold a New Year's Opening Ceremony and introduce a theme for the year's training.

   

Throughout the year, I think about the theme often - if I'm really applying the theme and noticing when I'm not. I realize it's a bit late in the year to be sharing this information, however, it's more the experience with this theme that is meaningful.



The theme this year is Presence. 



First and foremost, for me, Presence has been keeping tabs on the energy I bring to a given situation, whether with people or by myself. What Presence am I bringing to my training, to my teaching, to my family, my work, my house chores, my exercise and spiritual practices?



In turning that attention outward, I notice the Presence others are bringing to my home, my conversations, and my plans. I also question whose Presence is affecting my and others' decisions or actions, even when they are physically absent. 

 

In addition, what spiritual Presence am I allowing or requesting to influence my life? 

 

I invite you to be aware of your Presence this month.



Presence is a powerful aspect - even when we're not. 

No comments: